Planning a trip to the French Riviera and looking for the best beach club in St-Tropez? Then head to Pampelonne beach !
Known for 60 years for its conviviality and authenticity, Pampelonne is a unique place, internationally renowned for its crystal clear waters.
Pampelonne Beach (Ramatuelle) is an iconic 4.5km stretch of sand that has enchanted the world since Brigitte Bardot put it on the map in the 1950s with the film “Et dieu Créa la Femme”. Today it remains a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
In 2019, a major renovation project was undertaken to preserve the ecological health of Pampelonne beach. The number of private beach clubs with sunbeds has been reduced and those that remain have been renovated to meet the highest standards.
Our team has put together a comprehensive guide to the best beach clubs in St Tropez (Ramatuelle/Pampelonne beach) that you won’t want to miss.
Best beach club in St-Tropez: did you know ?
The baie of Pamelonne is part of the European network “Natura 2000” for the protection of ecosystems and the conservation of threatened flora and fauna. The quality of the water is the result of the seagrass meadows that work quietly under the surface to purify their environment.
Looking for a boat to get to St-Tropez or Pampelonne: check out our day charter website.
Best beach club in St-Tropez: do's and don'ts
- Most beach club in St-Tropez have a tender service to collect guests from their yacht. Bring some cash to tip (€10-15) the tender guy.
- Some beach clubs are not recommended for children.
- Be aware of your belongings.
- Reservations are compulsory in high season (mid-July to mid-August)
- Book well in advance: your favourite concierge service will not be able to book a table at the last minute in August.
- Follow the guidelines and dress code when visiting: casual chic dress style is required.
Bagatelle Beach is a trendy and sophisticated beach club that offers a unique dining experience. The club features a beautiful terrace overlooking the sea and serves delicious French cuisine with a Mediterranean twist. It’s a great spot for foodies looking for a high-end dining experience.
Stunning pastel colours of the décor, great food by Chef Rocco Seminara.
Bagatelle: Les Tamaris, Chemin de Matarane, 83350 Ramatuelle
T: +33 4 94 79 83 25
Casa Amor: Bohemian chic
Discover a beach club with a bohemian chic vibe, bossa nova atmosphere, Mediterranean cuisine by Chef Akram with a Mexican influence (tacos).Case Amor: Stefa
Case Amor: Stefano Forever, Chemin de Matarane, 83350 Ramatuelle
T: +33 4 22 47 10 40
Club 55: clubby
If you’re looking for a luxurious beach club experience, Club 55 is a must-visit: this is the most famous of the beach clubs in Pampelonne. This iconic beach club has been around since 1955 and has attracted celebrities and A-listers from around the world. The club offers a private beach, sun loungers, and delicious Mediterranean cuisine. Don’t forget to try their signature dish, the “salade 55.”
Boutique store, seafood, salads & steak frites with wine & cocktails at a beachfront gastrobar with a clubby vibe.
Opening: 31 March 223
Book your table well in advance.
Club 55 : 43 Bd Patch, 83350 Ramatuelle
T: +33 4 94 55 55 55
Jardin Tropezina: family friendly
For a more relaxed beach club experience, head to the Jardin Tropezina, part of the 5-star Chateau de la Messardière hotel. This beach club is like a real garden that opens onto the beach, great place for families and couples looking for a quiet day by the sea.
In the evening, the beach club gives way to live music and dining on the sand.
Jardin Tropezina: 4 Route du Pinet, 83350 Ramatuelle
T: +33 4 94 97 36 78
Jardin Tropezina website
Jardin Tropezina: 4 Route du Pinet, 83350 Ramatuelle
T: +33 4 94 97 36 78
Loulou: art de vivre
Embodying the fantasy of Carlo Mollino, the famous architect from Turin, and the audacity of Loulou de la Falaise, Yves Saint-Laurent’s muse, Loulou is a free spirit. Hedonistic and erudite, Loulou cultivates glamour, discrete luxury and a peaceful atmosphere.
Mediterranean cuisine prepared by Chef Benoît Dargère, ‘art of living’ atmosphere.
Loulou: 1080 Chemin des Tamaris, 83350 Ramatuelle
T: +33 4 94 79 80 04
Moorea: safe bet
Whether you’re looking to lounge on the beach or indulge in a spa treatment, you’re sure to find something to suit your needs at Moorea.
Lively club with a Mediterranean restaurant, an open-air bar & a beach with sun loungers, recommended for sushi lovers, clothing and accessories shop, (Californian, Swedish, deep tissue, hot stones, reflexology, Aquamassage) massage.
Moorea: chemin des Moulins, 83350 Ramatuelle
T: +33 4 94 97 18 17
Nikki Beach: international celebrities...
Since 2022, Nikki Beach is a trendy and chic beach club located in the heart of Pampelonne beach. It’s a popular spot for jet-setters and party-goers looking for a lively atmosphere.
Swimming pool (please note that due to security reasons the swimming-pool is for the exclusive use for adults and children under 18 are not allowed).
Healthful salads, innovative sushi rolls, freshly caught seafood entrees and slow-roasted free range rotisserie chicken.
Nikki Beach: 1093 Chemin de l’Epi, 83350 Ramatuelle
T: +33 4 94 79 82 04
Tahiti Beach: a French classic
Tahiti Beach is a beautiful beach club located in the Bay of Pampelonne. There are two restaurants on the hotel’s grounds, a pizzeria and a seafood restaurant, sophisticated and chic, but not over the top.
Tahiti beach: Quartier du Pinet 1153, route de Tahiti
T: +33 4 94 97 18 02
These are just a few examples of the best beach clubs in St-Tropez. Each club has its unique atmosphere and offerings, so you can choose the one that suits your preferences for a day of sun, relaxation, and entertainment.
Other beach clubs of interest in St-Tropez
- Byblos Beach: known for its marine architecture and iconic open-weave parasols, Byblos Beach stands out with its double-headrest wooden sun loungers. The restaurant offers dishes prepared with herbs, fruits, and flowers from the on-site garden. Sundays are dedicated to a roasted farm chicken, and desserts include creations like rum Baba and lemon meringue tart.
- Cabane Bambou: tucked away along a bamboo-lined path, Cabane Bambou offers a secluded paradise on the road to Pampelonne. Its renovated restaurant serves cuisine influenced by the seasons, providing a taste of the simplicity of the South.
- Gigi Ramatuelle: a private beach in Saint-Tropez with a refined atmosphere, offering a seaside cuisine with Italian inspiration. It features private tents, a poolside Bellini Bar, and additional amenities like a pétanque court and a ping pong table.
- La Réserve à la Plage: located on the iconic Pampelonne Beach, this beach club decorated by Philippe Starck celebrates Mediterranean cuisine with grilled meats and fish, accompanied by fresh and aromatic vegetables. The bohemian chic ambiance blends harmoniously with the natural surroundings.
- Playamigos: true to its name, Playamigos offers a sunny and Mediterranean ambiance, with a menu of mezze dishes meant to be shared among friends. The beach club combines holiday cabins, natural wood, cacti, and ceramics in a large central patio. It cultivates an authentically bohemian atmosphere where locals and vacationers come together.